Currently, MediaPlayer supports the following functions:
- Play all sound and video file formats that android supports (See the list of supported formats.)
- Play, pause, and stop a media file.
- Shows current positions in format mm:ss
- Jump to arbitrary position by dragging the slider.
- Both, internal and external content can be viewed - where external content is on the SD card.
- The Android media scanner can be invoked through the menu.
- How to set up and use an SD card with the Android emulator.